Alpha Chem Building Trade Silicone is a premium, neutral cure silicone sealant exclusively created for weather sealing and glazing applications. Suitable for adhesion to a wide range of porous and non‐porous substrates, Building Trades Silicone forms a flexible UV, water and weatherproof seal. The fast curing, high viscosity, long-lasting formula is not affected by exposure to sunlight, rain, snow with exceptional resistance to temperature extremes. Low odour and non-corrosive, providing permanent elasticity. Mould resistant.
For more information on Cromer, please visit their website here.
For application guns, click For more information on Cromer, please visit their website here. or for more sealants, please click here.
Building Trade Silicone is ideal for:
– Perimeter sealing of wood, aluminium and PVCu door and window frames.
– Weather sealing and joint sealing for walls, windows and doors.
– For building and constructions joints, including joints between different materials and expansion joints.
– Sealing applications of marble, stone and other porous substrates.
– Ensure all surfaces are clean, sound, dry and free from dust, grease or other contaminants. Old silicone should be removed using a silicone remover. Adheres perfectly without the use of a primer to most non-porous substrates. Porous substrates should be treated with a primer. Always test adhesion prior to use.
– Fill any gaps or voids with Alpha Chem Expanding Foam or AlphaChem Joint Backer Rod.
– Cut the thread and then the nozzle to the required size.
– Apply sealant with a sealant gun and tool down using a spatula wetted with soapy water within 5 minutes of application to obtain a professional finish.
– Excess uncured sealant should be cleaned with solvent. Cured sealant can be removed mechanically.
– It is the user’s responsibility to dispose of all packaging correctly.
– It must not be used in totally confined spaces where sealant cannot cure due to lack of atmospheric moisture.
– Not over paintable.
– Do not use in conjunction with PE, PP, PC, PMMA, PTFE, soft plastics, bitumen asphalt, neoprene and certain organic elastomers.
– It is not suitable for food contact applications.
– Not suitable for swimming pool joints.
– Discolouration can occur in dark places and by contact with chemicals. – It is the user’s responsibility to ensure suitability for use. Safety Data Sheet available on request.
Initially used SSL via eBay - service was excellent.Contacted them directly for my second purchase, staff were very... knowledgable and couldn't help enough.The items were sent out the same day and at the best price.5 star service all the way!read more
We have purchased our Mapei Grout and Mapei AC silicone from Sealant Supplies for the past 5 months, they have been... quick to dispatch and always seem to have the colours we require in stock. Will keep using them.read more