Cromar Alpha Chem Contractor PVA is a multi‐purpose bonding agent, primer sealer, cement filler and plaster admixture that adheres to most common building and D.I.Y. materials except PVC and rubber.
Contractor PVA is ideal for priming unsound surfaces before plastering or painting, as an adhesive on wood, cork, textiles and most applications where at least one surface is porous, for general dust sealing on flaking paintwork/walls etc. and as a cement admixture.
NOTE – for areas subject to constant damp, use Cromar SBR Bond, which is water resistant.
• Improves adhesion to most common building surfaces. • Improves flexibility of mortars and screeds.
For more information on Cromer, please visit their website here.
To shop alternative PVA bonding, please click here. Alternatively shop or full range of sealants here.
As a general purpose adhesive for wood, cork, paper, textiles etc. • As an admixture for mortar/screeds/renders. • As a bonding agent for screeds/renders to difficult substrates. • As a primer/sealer in tiling applications. • As an internal filler when mixed with wood shavings, plaster etc.
– All surfaces must be clean, dry and free from grease.
– FOR GENERAL PRIMING – Dilute 3 parts water to 1 part CONTRACT PVA and apply by brush. Allow to dry.
– FOR A BONDING COAT – Use undiluted and apply by brush. Apply plaster or render while the bonding coat is still tacky.
– AS AN ADHESIVE – Use undiluted. Coat each face and press surfaces together. Large areas should be clamped for 24 hours.
– AS A CEMENT ADMIXTURE – Add 5litres CONTRACT PVA to 25 kg cement.
– AS A FILLER/PLASTER ADMIXTURE – Dilute 1 to 1 with water and add to mix in place of water.
– Clean tools and any excess CONTRACT PVA with clean, cold water.
– Do not use in exterior applications or areas subject to constant damp. In these areas, use Cromar Alpha Chem SBR Bond.
– As the manufacturer cannot know all the uses its products may be put to, it is the user’s responsibility to determine suitability of use. If in doubt, please contact Technical Services department for advice. Safety Data available on request.
Initially used SSL via eBay - service was excellent.Contacted them directly for my second purchase, staff were very... knowledgable and couldn't help enough.The items were sent out the same day and at the best price.5 star service all the way!read more
We have purchased our Mapei Grout and Mapei AC silicone from Sealant Supplies for the past 5 months, they have been... quick to dispatch and always seem to have the colours we require in stock. Will keep using them.read more