PVA Bond is a medium viscosity, polyvinyl alcohol stabilised, externally plasticised, vinyl acetate homopolymer. It has been designed specifically for use in the building industry as a multi‐purpose bonding agent, an additive for concrete and plasters and as a general-purpose adhesive.
In common with conventional PVAC bonding agents, PVA Bond can be used as a general-purpose adhesive for the building industry.
• Greatly improved adhesion to a wide range of substrates, including dense concrete, glass,
• steel, tiles etc.
• Mixes may be applied in much thinner sections resistant to salt permeation.
• Reduced surface dusting of concrete
• Improves flexibility of sand cement products.
• Reduced water: cement ratio for equivalent workability
• Improved frost resistance
• Reduces surface porosity of mortar/plaster
For more information on Cromer, please visit their website here.
For our full list of adhesives, please click here. For primers and cleaners, please click here.
Alpha Chem PVA Bond meets the bond strength requirements of BS5270 – “Polyvinyl acetate (PVAC) emulsion bonding agents for internal use with gypsum building plasters”.
All surfaces must be sound, clean, dry and dust-free.
1. As an adhesive: For bonding wood and similar absorbent materials. Apply neat to both surfaces and press firmly together, clamp if possible and leave for 24 hours.
2. Use as plaster bonding agent: Prime surface with 1 volume PVA: 2 volumes water and allow to dry. Apply banding coat of I volume PVA: 2 volumes water, then apply plaster while bonding coat is still tacky.
3. Use as a cement admixture: Use I litre of PVA Bond per 5kg of cement or 5 litres per 25kg bag.
4. Use as sealer/ primer: For sealing wall surfaces before tiling or papering, dilute 1 volume of PVA with up to 3 volumes of water, dependent on the porosity of the surface. Apply by brush onto the surface to be sealed until suction is satisfied.
– Not suitable for external applications. Use Alpha Chem SBR Bond.
– As the manufacturer cannot know all the uses its products may be put to, it is the user’s responsibility to determine suitability of use.
Initially used SSL via eBay - service was excellent.Contacted them directly for my second purchase, staff were very... knowledgable and couldn't help enough.The items were sent out the same day and at the best price.5 star service all the way!read more
We have purchased our Mapei Grout and Mapei AC silicone from Sealant Supplies for the past 5 months, they have been... quick to dispatch and always seem to have the colours we require in stock. Will keep using them.read more