Everbuild Fire Mate is a five hour rated, one part, emulsion acrylic based, intumescent Acoustic sealant that gives a firm yet flexible seal to joints in a variety of fire rated structures. This product will resist the passage of fire for up to 5 hours, in suitably designed joints. The selected fillers used in this formulation also make it suitable for use as an acoustic sealant.
– No priming required for most construction substrates.
– Permanently flexible
– For use in joints up to 50mm wide.
– Excellent acoustic performance for sound deadening – Average noise reduction of 24db (100-3150Hz).
– This product will not slump – easy to apply and tool off.
– Fast cure – tack-free in 15 minutes.
– Over paintable.
– Will swells greater than 150% of its original size when exposed to heat.
For any further information, you may need, please visit the Everbuild website here.
– Sealing firewalls, partitions and other structures; also for maintaining the integrity of pipes and cables that penetrate them.
– For internal sealing of fire rated door and window frames.
All surfaces must be dry and dust free. Any old sealant should be removed before application, along with any loose or flaking surface coatings.
Surfaces to be must be dry and free from dust, grease and other contaminants. Therefore allowing the product to perform at its best. Adhesion can be improved by wiping the surface with EVERBUILD GLASS CLEANER, allowing all solvent to evaporate before applying sealant.
Priming is not required, although we always advise testing small areas before use if you’re unsure.
Everbuild Firefoam B1 should be used to fill larger voids to maximise fire rating. Cut the tip of the cartridge with a sharp blade, taking care not to damage the thread. Apply nozzle and cut at an angle of 45° with an opening slightly larger than the gap to be sealed.
Apply using a standard sealant gun. Best results will be obtained by keeping the gun at a constant angle to the surface being sealed.
To improve the performance & ensure a proper bond, always smooth the sealant down with a spatula or piece of wood, that is dampened with a soapy water solution. In addition, an improved joint appearance can be achieved by using masking tape, which should be applied to both sides of the joint & then removing within 5 minutes of application. Single seal joints should be on fire rated side of the structure.
– This product can not be used on substrates that may bleed oils, solvents or plasticisers.
– Known to have compatibility problems with some cPVC piping, therefore not ideal for this method.