SikaBond 52 is a fast curing elastic wood flooring adhesive for professional use, available in both large and small sausages for a gun or specific dispenser application.
- SikaBond 52 s is for full-surface bonding of solid and engineered wood floors (strips, long strips, planks, panels, boards), mosaic parquet, industrial parquet, lam parquet, wood paving (residential) as well as chipboards, plywood and OSB can be bonded
Full Surface Bonding with SikaBond® Dispenser-1800 / -5400:
- Solid and engineered wood floors (strips, long strips, planks, panels, boards), mosaic parquet, industrial parquet, lam parquet as well as chipboards can all be bonded. For detailed application instructions, refer to the Method statement of the SikaBond® Dispensers series or contact our Technical Department
For the Sika® AcouBond®-System:
- Solid wood boards (tongued and grooved), 3-ply engineered wood as well as chipboards plywood and herringbone blocks can all be bonded For detailed application instructions refer to the Product Data Sheet of the Sika® AcouBond®-System, or contact our Technical Department
For Beaded Application:
- Solid wood boards, 3-ply engineered wood, as well as chipboards, can be bonded.
Characteristics / Advantages
- 1-component, ready to use
- Fast curing properties
- Floors can be sanded after 12 hours (full surface bonding, +23°C / 50% r. h., up to 1 mm adhesive thickness)
- Excellent workability, effortless to extrude
- Good initial tack
- Elastic, footfall sound-dampening adhesive
- Suitable for most common types of wood floors
- Especially suitable for problematic woods including beech, maple and bamboo
- Suitable for bonding wood floors directly onto old ceramic tiles
- Reduces stress to the substrate: the elastic adhesive reduces stress transfer between the wood floor and the substrate
- Suitable for use with subfloor heating
- Compensates for some substrate unevenness
Approvals / Standards
EMICODE EC 1PLUSR, very low emission
The floor can be walked on / sanded 12 hours to 24 hours after installation.
Skin Time / Laying Time
~ 60 minutes (+23°C / 50% r. h.)
Substrate Moisture Content
Permissible substrate moisture content:
- 2.5% CM for cement screed (ca. 4% Tramex / Gravimetric weight percent).
- 0.5% CM for anhydrite screed. 3 – 12% CM for magnesite flooring (dependent on the proportion of organic components).
Permissible substrate moisture content for use with underfloor heating:
- 1.8% CM for cement screed (ca. 3% Tramex / Gravimetric weight >percent).
- 0.3% CM for anhydrite screed.
- 3 – 12% CM for magnesite flooring (dependent on the proportion of organic components).
Furthermore, for moisture contents and the quality of substrates, the guidelines of the wood floor manufacturer as well as standard construction rules must be observed.
For all other Sika products on our website, please click here.
For any further information, you may need, please visit the Sika website here.