Silirub 2S is a premium grade, low modulus neutral cure, sanitary silicone. Contains a powerful anti-fungicidal agent. Very fast skinning time and final cure. Thick-bodied. Primerless adhesion on all sanitary materials, including plastics. Highly elastic. Resistant to UV, rain, snow, Food contact certificate available.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
– Low modulus neutral cure silicone
– 100% silicone
– Primerless adhesion on most surfaces
– Independantly tested to ISO 11600 F&G 25 LM
– XS1 fungicide
For an application gun for this product, please click here. For all other fire protection sealants on our website, please click here.
For any further information you may need on Soudal, please visit their website here.
Silirub 2S is great for sealing sanitary (i.e. joints in kitchens and bathrooms), construction and industrial applications. Container, cold-storage, air conditioning, bathroom, kitchen and other areas prone to high humidity. Sealing of all sanitary ware. Food contact certificate available.
Apply the product by means of a manual-, battery- or pneumatic- caulking gun. Apply Silirub 2/S evenly without air inclusions into the joint. Smoothen the joint with a spatula with the help of finishing solution. Avoid that soapy solution comes between the joint edges and sealant (to prevent adhesion loss).
With a manual, pneumatic or Accu caulking gun. Cleaning: Clean with Soudal Surface Cleaner or with Soudal Swipex immediately after use. Cured Silirub 2/S can only be removed mechanically. Finishing: With a soapy solution or Soudal Finishing Solution before skinning. Repair: With the same material.
Health- and Safety Recommendations
Take the usual labour hygiene into account. Consult label and material safety data sheet for more information.
– Do not use on natural stones like marble, granite,…(staining). Use Soudal Silirub MA or Silirub+ S8800 for this application.
– Do not use on polycarbonate. Use Silirub PC instead.
– The sanitary formula should not replace regular cleaning of the joint. Excessive contamination, deposits or soap remainings will stimulate the development of fungi.
– A total absence of UV can cause a colour change of the sealant.
– Discoloration due to chemicals, high temperatures, UV radiation may occur. A change in colour does not affect the technical properties of the product.
– In an acid environment or a dark room, a white sealant can slightly turn yellow. Under the influence of sunlight, it will turn back to its initial colour.
– We strongly recommend not to apply the product in full sunlight as it will dry very fast.
– When finished with a finishing solution or soapy solution, ensure that the surfaces are not touched by this solution. This will cause the sealant not to adhere to that surface. Therefore we recommend to only dip the finishing tool in this solution.
– Do not use in applications where continuous water immersion is possible.
– Not suitable for bonding aquariums.
– When using different reactive joint sealants, the first joint sealant must be completely hardened before the next one is applied.
– Contact with bitumen, tar, or other plasticizer releasing materials such as EPDM, neoprene, butyl, etc., is to be avoided since it can give rise to discolouration and loss of adhesion.
Initially used SSL via eBay - service was excellent.Contacted them directly for my second purchase, staff were very... knowledgable and couldn't help enough.The items were sent out the same day and at the best price.5 star service all the way!read more
We have purchased our Mapei Grout and Mapei AC silicone from Sealant Supplies for the past 5 months, they have been... quick to dispatch and always seem to have the colours we require in stock. Will keep using them.read more