Protecta FR Acrylic is designed to prevent the spread of fire and smoke through joints and openings in fire-rated walls and floors, including openings formed around building service penetrations. Protecta FR Acrylic will also maintain acoustic design performance. When subjected to atmospheric conditions, the sealant cures; however, it will retain a degree of elasticity for joint movement.
Protecta FR Acrylic creates a robust fire seal under fire exposure by the formation of a durable intumescent char. Protecta FR Acrylic can be used with suitable filling material, i.e. stone wool or Protecta backing material, to secure the correct width to depth ratio and reduce the sealant’s shrinking during curing.
The minimum depth and maximum width of the joints are included in the installation instructions. Thermal activation takes place at approx. 180°C when the material will expand (intumesce) and prevent the passage of fire and smoke for periods up to and beyond 4 hours.
For application guns, please click here. For other fire safety sealants, click here.
– High end formula, certified in most countries Worldwide
– Classified for fire sealing all types of constructions such as drywalls, masonry walls, concrete walls, concrete floors and composite floors
– Classified for fire sealing all types of building service penetrations such as cables, cable bundles, cable conduits, steel pipes, copper pipes, composite pipes, PVC pipes, PE pipes, ABS pipes, PP pipes and PEX pipe-in-pipes
– Classified with commonly used pipe insulations such as stone wool, glass wool, elastomeric and phenolic, both interrupted and continuous through the fire seal
– Classified for fire sealing against timber, steel and aluminium such as door and window frames
– Causes no deleterious effects on cPVC pipes like BlazeMaster, supported by mechanical testing evidence
– Very high sound insulation
– Air, smoke and gas tight, tested at 600 Pascal
– Hardens quickly and tack free after 1 hour (the fire performance specification of the joint filler has been derived when the joint filler has been let to cure for a month)
– 18 months storage time (under correct conditions)
– 30 years working life
Should not be used in permanently damp areas or in joints with high movement.
Initially used SSL via eBay - service was excellent.Contacted them directly for my second purchase, staff were very... knowledgable and couldn't help enough.The items were sent out the same day and at the best price.5 star service all the way!read more
We have purchased our Mapei Grout and Mapei AC silicone from Sealant Supplies for the past 5 months, they have been... quick to dispatch and always seem to have the colours we require in stock. Will keep using them.read more