MAPESIL AC is a high quality, mould resistant sealant, which is ideal for internal use but can also be used in external applications. The product comes in a 310ml cartridge & has a range of 42 colours to choose from. Mapei also colour match this product to their Ultracolor plus grout range, creating a seamless transition between grout & silicone lines when used together.
To view the Ultracolor plus range – please click here.
– Mapesil AC should not be used in applications between joints of ceramic tiles & natural stone of light colour externally. Use Mapesil LM, which can be viewed here.
– Should not be used for sealing of surfaces sensitive to acids, such as limestone. Again, use Mapesil LM.
– Do not use on bituminous surfaces or highly plasticized material.
– Mapesil AC’s chemical resistance to agents is typically excellent. However, we advise you to check the technical data sheet or do a small test.
We have a number of tools on our website that would assist with the application of this product. We would recommend using a PC Cox Skeleton Gun to apply & a Bond-it Tooling Kit to aid in providing a professional finish.
For further information, please visit the Mapei website here.
Mapei Fuga Fresca is designed to be the perfect product for giving old and stained grout that new look finish. The Fuga comes in a small, blue handheld, shoe polish style case with a foam applicator end. A shake and a squeeze will fill the foam end with the Fuga paint ready for application.
During application, there can be some overlay onto the tiles (or another surface that the grout in between). This can be cleaned off, but we recommend that you do so as you go, so it doesn’t have time to dry. A good cleaning product would be Everbuild wonder wipes, that can be found here, or you can use a damp sponge. As it is water based, you shouldn’t struggle to clean it off as you go.
Available in 34 colours of the “MAPEI coloured grouts” range to match the AC silicone range, which you can view here. Alternately, these colours also match the Mapei Ultracolor Plus grout range, that can be found here.
For a wide range of coloured grouts, see Mapei Ultracolor Plus Grout 2kg
Large weights also available in 5kg bags
Furthermore, for more information on this product, please visit the Mapei website here
Kerapoxy Design is a two-component, decorative, epoxy resin-based grout, with silica sand and other special components, with excellent chemical resistance and easy cleaning properties. This is a product with very low emission of volatile organic compounds and is classified Emicode EC1 R Plus by GEV when used for grouting. Kerapoxy Design may be mixed with up to 10% by weight of MapeGlitter, metalised coloured glitter, to create particular special effects. The percentage depends on the aesthetical effect and workability desired. MapeGlitter is available in silver and light gold and another 22 colours on request.
When applied correctly, Kerapoxy Design forms tile joints with the following characteristics:
• translucent effect improves the chromatic effect of finishes with particularly decorative characteristics;
• semitransparent finish, very similar to glass mosaic, guarantees better luminosity, lustre and appearance of the mosaic;
• excellent mechanical strength and chemical resistance, therefore excellent durability;
• leaves a final smooth and compact surface, which is non-absorbent and easy to clean; guarantees a high level of hygiene and blocks the formation of mildew and mould;
• excellent workability, highly improved compared with traditional epoxy mortars thanks to its creamy consistency, which guarantees a faster application, less waste and makes it easier to clean the surface of the mosaic, and to obtain a good finish;
• no shrinkage and, therefore, no cracking;
• uniform colours resistant to ultra-violet light and atmospheric agents;
• excellent bonding properties.
For more information about Mapei, please visit their website here.
The Kitchen & Bathroom Kit
Your hassle free solution to sealing your room to perfection.
Containing 5 essential tools, this kit will take you from start to finish to ensure the most efficient job is done, all at a great price!
Each kit includes:
Everbuild Sealant Strip-Out Tool – A unique patented tool that works on any sealant and is the ideal partner for use before applying Forever White silicone sealant. The Strip-Out Tool is incredibly simple, and its design and shape provide a speedy way to strip all types of sealant out of any 90° angle joint.
Bond-It Snip Off Cartridge Cutter – Ideal for anyone using silicone sealants that needs to take the nipple off to use the cartridge. The cutter itself gives you plenty of protection when using, making it a lot safer and easier to use over a blade. You can use it to cut the nozzles to the correct angle of application in a very safe and easy action, and the blades are designed to be replaced.
2 x Mapei Mapesil AC – A high quality, mould resistant sealant, which is ideal for internal use but can also be used in external applications. Available in 40 colours meaning there will be a shade for every job!
PC Cox Easiflow Skeleton Applicator Gun (colours may vary) – Used by the sealant applicator professionals, and due to its low cost and robust build, it is ideal for anyone thinking about doing DIY. The PC Cox gun handles cartridges up to 400ml. Its standard design and lightweight yet sturdy construction, have made this gun the industry standard for many years.
Bont-It 4 Part Sealant Applicator Kit – A durable and handy kit for use with a range of mastic sealants. Suitable for smoothing and finishing, both internally and externally, in hard to reach areas, such as behind bath taps and corner areas. This sealant applicator kit can also be used to create recessed joints, perfectly flush joints and tidy fillet sealant joints with any type of mastic sealant.
For more from Mapei click here
For more from Everbuild click here
For more from Bond-It click here
For more from PC Cox click here