Kerapoxy CQ is certified by the University of Modena (Italy) according to ISO 22196:2007 standards as a grouting mortar protected against the formation and proliferation of micro-organisms.
Kerapoxy CQ is a two-component, epoxy resin-based product with silica sand and other special components. It has excellent resistance to acids and is very easy to clean. Kerapoxy CQ has a bacteriostatic agent, preventing the proliferation of bacteria and forming mould on the surfaces of grouts, making tiled surfaces hygienic and safe, thanks to the innovative BioBlock technology developed as a result of MAPEI research. This is a product with very low emission of volatile organic compounds and is classified Emicode EC1 R Plus by GEV when used for grouting.
When applied correctly, it produces tile joints with the following characteristics:
• excellent mechanical strength and resistance to chemicals, therefore excellent durability;
• smooth and compact, surface finish which is non-absorbent and easy to clean; guarantees a high level of hygiene and blocks the formation of mildew and mould;
• high degree of hardness, excellent resistance to heavy traffic;
• no shrinkage and, therefore, no cracking;
• uniform colour, resistant to atmospheric agents;
• excellent workability, highly improved compared with traditional epoxy mortars thanks to its creamy consistency, which guarantees faster application times and makes it easier to clean the surfaces, with less waste and easier to obtain a good finish.
For more information about Mapei, please visit their website here.