Alpha Chem Mortar Plasticiser is designed to enhance the workability and freeze thaw resistance of brick and block laying mortars, reducing the likelihood of cracking and crazing. It may be used to replace or supplement the use of lime.
– Mortar does not stiffen prematurely on the board but remains plastic.
– Mortar does not segregate or ‘bleed’.
– Mortar is less prone to drying out shrinkage.
– Increased adhesive strength.
– Up to 50% water reduction can be affected.
– Inexpensive to use: allows cement contents to be reduced (depending on present mix design).
– Increases rate of bricklaying or rendering work.
– Increased durability: mortar unaffected by freeze/thaw conditions.
– Improves weather resistance.
– Mortar remains workable at temperatures down to ‐2°C.
For more information on Cromer, please visit their website here.