MAPESIL AC is a high quality, mould resistant sealant, which is ideal for internal use but can also be used in external applications. The product comes in a 310ml cartridge & has a range of 42 colours to choose from. Mapei also colour match this product to their Ultracolor plus grout range, creating a seamless transition between grout & silicone lines when used together.
To view the Ultracolor plus range – please click here.
– Mapesil AC should not be used in applications between joints of ceramic tiles & natural stone of light colour externally. Use Mapesil LM, which can be viewed here.
– Should not be used for sealing of surfaces sensitive to acids, such as limestone. Again, use Mapesil LM.
– Do not use on bituminous surfaces or highly plasticized material.
– Mapesil AC’s chemical resistance to agents is typically excellent. However, we advise you to check the technical data sheet or do a small test.
We have a number of tools on our website that would assist with the application of this product. We would recommend using a PC Cox Skeleton Gun to apply & a Bond-it Tooling Kit to aid in providing a professional finish.
For further information, please visit the Mapei website here.
Keracolor Flex is an improved, cementitious grout with water repellent properties and high abrasion resistance.
Keracolor Flex is a blend of specially selected hydraulic binders with fine graded aggregates, polymers, additives and colourants. High-quality hydrophobic additives enhance the grout’s technical performance imparting water repellent properties to the surface. This reduces dirt pickup and increases the grout’s durability and longevity.
When mixed and applied correctly to the joints, the following properties are obtained:
• water repellent surfaces;
• joint widths from 1-6mm
• good compressive & flexural strengths
• good resistance to freeze & thaw cycles
• gently textured surface with a low water absorption
• excellent abrasion resistance
• good resistance to thermal change and vibration
• can be used on heated floors
• for use on tiled finishes over wooden substrates
• resistance to oils, solvents & alkaline cleaning materials
Keracolor Flex can be mixed with Mapei’s Fugolastic to further improve the grout’s performance. This high-quality polymer additive can effectively enhance the characteristics of the grout when used on balconies and facades, which can face harsh weather conditions. This also makes it ideal for leisure pools with wave machines or in external locations. For further information, refer to
the Fugolastic technical datasheet.
Note: when adding Fugolastic, the grout may appear darker than when mixed with water.
For more information on Mapei, you can visit their website here.