MAPESIL AC is a high quality, mould resistant sealant, which is ideal for internal use but can also be used in external applications. The product comes in a 310ml cartridge & has a range of 42 colours to choose from. Mapei also colour match this product to their Ultracolor plus grout range, creating a seamless transition between grout & silicone lines when used together.
To view the Ultracolor plus range – please click here.
– Mapesil AC should not be used in applications between joints of ceramic tiles & natural stone of light colour externally. Use Mapesil LM, which can be viewed here.
– Should not be used for sealing of surfaces sensitive to acids, such as limestone. Again, use Mapesil LM.
– Do not use on bituminous surfaces or highly plasticized material.
– Mapesil AC’s chemical resistance to agents is typically excellent. However, we advise you to check the technical data sheet or do a small test.
We have a number of tools on our website that would assist with the application of this product. We would recommend using a PC Cox Skeleton Gun to apply & a Bond-it Tooling Kit to aid in providing a professional finish.
For further information, please visit the Mapei website here.
Mapei Fuga Fresca is designed to be the perfect product for giving old and stained grout that new look finish. The Fuga comes in a small, blue handheld, shoe polish style case with a foam applicator end. A shake and a squeeze will fill the foam end with the Fuga paint ready for application.
During application, there can be some overlay onto the tiles (or another surface that the grout in between). This can be cleaned off, but we recommend that you do so as you go, so it doesn’t have time to dry. A good cleaning product would be Everbuild wonder wipes, that can be found here, or you can use a damp sponge. As it is water based, you shouldn’t struggle to clean it off as you go.
Available in 34 colours of the “MAPEI coloured grouts” range to match the AC silicone range, which you can view here. Alternately, these colours also match the Mapei Ultracolor Plus grout range, that can be found here.
For a wide range of coloured grouts, see Mapei Ultracolor Plus Grout 2kg
Large weights also available in 5kg bags
Furthermore, for more information on this product, please visit the Mapei website here
Ultracolor Plus forms a mortar with the following characteristics:
– water-repellent and droplet-effect
– colours resistant to ultra-violet rays and atmospheric agents
– ready for light foot traffic after a short period of time
– After that is shrinkage compensated, therefore free from cracks
Therefore it has optimum resistance to abrasion, compression and flexural strength, even after freeze/thaw cycles, and therefore optimum durability. In addition, it has good resistance to acids with pH > 3.
For more information on this product, visit the Mapei website here.
Kerapoxy Design is a two-component, decorative, epoxy resin-based grout, with silica sand and other special components, with excellent chemical resistance and easy cleaning properties. This is a product with very low emission of volatile organic compounds and is classified Emicode EC1 R Plus by GEV when used for grouting. Kerapoxy Design may be mixed with up to 10% by weight of MapeGlitter, metalised coloured glitter, to create particular special effects. The percentage depends on the aesthetical effect and workability desired. MapeGlitter is available in silver and light gold and another 22 colours on request.
When applied correctly, Kerapoxy Design forms tile joints with the following characteristics:
• translucent effect improves the chromatic effect of finishes with particularly decorative characteristics;
• semitransparent finish, very similar to glass mosaic, guarantees better luminosity, lustre and appearance of the mosaic;
• excellent mechanical strength and chemical resistance, therefore excellent durability;
• leaves a final smooth and compact surface, which is non-absorbent and easy to clean; guarantees a high level of hygiene and blocks the formation of mildew and mould;
• excellent workability, highly improved compared with traditional epoxy mortars thanks to its creamy consistency, which guarantees a faster application, less waste and makes it easier to clean the surface of the mosaic, and to obtain a good finish;
• no shrinkage and, therefore, no cracking;
• uniform colours resistant to ultra-violet light and atmospheric agents;
• excellent bonding properties.
For more information about Mapei, please visit their website here.