Everbuild Lead Mate Sealant is a neutral cure, low modulus sealant that is specifically designed adhere to softer metals such as lead, brass etc. Similarly, the product is specially formulated as an alternative to mortaring, therefore making it ideal for Lead Flashing and Lead Sheet into Brick, Stone and Concrete.
– High-performance adhesion to metals – will not stain (cement) or corrode soft metals unlike most conventional sealants
– Low dirt pick up
– Excellent flexibility +/- 25%.
– Excellent low and high (+150°C) temperature resistance.
– Low (<5%) shrinkage during vulcanisation.
– Therefore it has Excellent external weathering properties
For all other Everbuild products on our website, please click here.
For any further information on Everbuild products, please visit their website here.
– Everbuild Lead Mate is a better alternative to mortaring in Lead flashing and lead sheet into brick, stone and concrete.
– Sealing expansion joints.
– Sealing softer metals such as lead, copper and zinc.
– Parapet and roof weather sealing applications.
The surfaces should be dry and free from dust, grease and other contaminants. We advise testing a small area before application to see whether the area will need primer, although priming is generally not essential.
APPLICATION METHOD / TOOLS
Cut the tip of the cartridge with a sharp blade, ensuring not to damage the thread. Attract the nozzle and cut at an angle of 45, with an opening slightly larger than the gap to be sealed.
Apply using a standard sealant gun. To ensure the best possible bond, always smooth the sealant down. However, masking tape can be used to improve joints appearance. Apply tape to both sides of the joint, removing within 5 minutes of application.
Initially used SSL via eBay - service was excellent.Contacted them directly for my second purchase, staff were very... knowledgable and couldn't help enough.The items were sent out the same day and at the best price.5 star service all the way!read more
We have purchased our Mapei Grout and Mapei AC silicone from Sealant Supplies for the past 5 months, they have been... quick to dispatch and always seem to have the colours we require in stock. Will keep using them.read more