Everbuild Puraflex 40 is a one-part component, high modulus PU sealant and adhesive which adheres firmly to most substrates. Provides excellent mechanical resistance & resistance to most common chemicals. Furthermore, this product can be over-painted when cured.
– Bonds to most building substrates, such as concrete, wood, metal, aluminium, polyester, glass, u PVC, stone, ceramics, etc
– Can be overpainted with gloss and emulsion.
– Good seawater resistance.
– You can paint over this product, once cured, with oil and latex paints.
In addition to the above, if you require further information on this product, you can visit the Everbuild website here.
This product is also available in a 600ml foil & can be viewed here.
For all other products in our Everbuild range, please click here.
– Sealing and bonding metal panels and trim.
– Expansion joint sealing in concrete panels and floor joint.
– A vast number of sealing and bonding jobs in the construction and engineering markets.
– Bonding in container fabrication.
– Heavy traffic floor joints such as those found in warehouses, garage floors, factory floors, sports arenas & shopping centres etc.
SUBSTRATE PREPARATION FOR EVERBUILD PURAFLEX 40
Before application, please ensure all surfaces are clean, dry and dust-free before using Everbuild Puraflex 40. All old sealant and mastic joints should be removed before application. In addition to that, when using on glass, metal and aluminium, areas should be cleaned using a solvent cleaner before application for optimum adhesion. When using with solvents, always ensure adequate ventilation. Avoid heat, sparks and open flames. Observe and follow all precautions listed on the solvent container label. It is not recommended for application to surfaces that are below 5˚C as it is impossible to guarantee a dry, frost-free surface at these temperatures. Therefore the sealant will most likely fail. It is unlikely that priming will be required; however, concrete must be sealed using a Primer. After that, if you are in doubt, consult Technical Services.
On porous substrates like concrete use Sika Primer – 3N.
– Not for use on substrates that could bleed solvents or plasticises.
– Do not use on bitumen or asphalt.
– Paint types vary so conduct a trial before full application. Some paints have low movement and can show surface cracking.
Initially used SSL via eBay - service was excellent.Contacted them directly for my second purchase, staff were very... knowledgable and couldn't help enough.The items were sent out the same day and at the best price.5 star service all the way!read more
We have purchased our Mapei Grout and Mapei AC silicone from Sealant Supplies for the past 5 months, they have been... quick to dispatch and always seem to have the colours we require in stock. Will keep using them.read more