Sika Hyflex 250 Facade is a 1-component, moisture-curing, low-modulus elastic joint sealant.
CHARACTERISTICS / ADVANTAGES
– Excellent weathering resistance
– Bubble-free curing
– Low stress to the substrate
– Perfect extrusion and workability
– Excellent adhesion to many different substrates
– Very low emissions
For a barrel gun, click here. For smaller cartridges, click here.
For all our Sika products on our website, please click here.
Any further information you may need on Sika / Everbuild products, please visit their website here.
SikaHyflex 250 Facade – suitable for elastic joint sealing and the waterproofing of movement and connection joints in building envelopes. Due to its very low modulus, SikaHyflex 250 Facade is also suitable for EIFS Facades.
The substrate must be clean, dry and free from oils, grease, etc. SikaHyflex 250 Facade doesnt require a primer. However, for optimum adhesion in areas such as on multi-story buildings, highly stressed joints, severe weather exposure, the following priming and/or pretreatment procedures shall be followed:
Aluminiums, stainless and galvanised steel, powder coated metals or glazed tiles have to be cleaned and pre-treated. Allow a flash-off time of >15 minutes before sealing,
Other metals such as copper, brass and titanium, also need to be cleaned and pre-treated. Apply Sika Primer-3 N after the necessary flash-off time. Allow a flash-off time of >30 minutes before sealing.
PVC also needs to be cleaned and pre-treated. Allow a flash-off time of > 30 minutes before sealing,
Concrete, aerated concrete and cement based renders, mortars and bricks shall be primed using Sika® Primer-3 N applied with a brush. Before sealing, allow a flash-off time of > 30 minutes (< 8 hours).
SikaHyflex 250 Facade can be overpainted with most facade paint systems. However, paints should be tested to ensure compatibility before use. The best over-painting results are achieved when the sealant is allowed to fully cure. Note: non-flexible paints may reduce the elasticity of the sealant and lead to cracking of paint.
▪ Colour variations may appear when exposed to chemicals, high temperatures and UV-radiation (especially with the colour white).
▪ Before using SikaHyflex 25 Facade on natural stone, refer to Sika Technical Service for advice.
▪ Do not use SikaHyflex 250 on bituminous substrates, natural rubbers, EPDM rubber or any building materials that may bleed oils, plasticizers or solvents that could harm the sealant.
▪ Do not use SikaHyflex 250 to seal joints in or around swimming pools, underwater joints, or for permanent water immersion.
▪ Do not expose uncured SikaHyflex 250 to products containing alcohol as this may interfere with the curing reaction.
Initially used SSL via eBay - service was excellent.Contacted them directly for my second purchase, staff were very... knowledgable and couldn't help enough.The items were sent out the same day and at the best price.5 star service all the way!read more
We have purchased our Mapei Grout and Mapei AC silicone from Sealant Supplies for the past 5 months, they have been... quick to dispatch and always seem to have the colours we require in stock. Will keep using them.read more