Keracolor Flex is an improved, cementitious grout with water repellent properties and high abrasion resistance.
Keracolor Flex is a blend of specially selected hydraulic binders with fine graded aggregates, polymers, additives and colourants. High-quality hydrophobic additives enhance the grout’s technical performance imparting water repellent properties to the surface. This reduces dirt pickup and increases the grout’s durability and longevity.
When mixed and applied correctly to the joints, the following properties are obtained:
• water repellent surfaces;
• joint widths from 1-6mm
• good compressive & flexural strengths
• good resistance to freeze & thaw cycles
• gently textured surface with a low water absorption
• excellent abrasion resistance
• good resistance to thermal change and vibration
• can be used on heated floors
• for use on tiled finishes over wooden substrates
• resistance to oils, solvents & alkaline cleaning materials
Keracolor Flex can be mixed with Mapei’s Fugolastic to further improve the grout’s performance. This high-quality polymer additive can effectively enhance the characteristics of the grout when used on balconies and facades, which can face harsh weather conditions. This also makes it ideal for leisure pools with wave machines or in external locations. For further information, refer to
the Fugolastic technical datasheet.
Note: when adding Fugolastic, the grout may appear darker than when mixed with water.
For more information on Mapei, you can visit their website here.