Dowsil Firestop 700 Sealant is a low modulus, neutral curing, fire-rated silicone. It has excellent unprimed adhesion to a range of common substrates. This includes stone, steel, masonry, brick, wood, and more.
Dowsil Firestop 700 Sealant can achieve up to a 4-hour fire rating at specified joint and penetration configurations, which data is available for. As a result, the test data provides a good indication of the expected performance of the sealant in fire situations.
Applicators should satisfy themselves that specific purpose for which this sealant is proposed are suitable. Therefore testing of a particular system may be required. Also, to achieve any specific fire rating, all substrates being used in the system must have at least an equivalent fire rating.
– Sealing of expansion joints – Pipe and cable penetrations in fire-rated structures.
– For the provision of fire-rated systems in curtain walling, building facades or partition walls.
Clean all joints of release agents, water repellents, dust, dirt. Any old sealants and other contaminants which could impair adhesion, before application.
For all other fire-rated products on our website, please click here.
For any further information you may need on Dowsil products, please visits the Geocel website here.
Everbuild launched EB25 Ultimate Sealant and Adhesive in 2019 to celebrate their 25th year supplying cost-effective and reliable sealants.
Covering a huge range of applications, sealant and adhesive areas, this versatile product is a suitable option for a variety of projects. It is a polymer blend sealant giving it additional flexibility and bonding strength you can rely on in any circumstance. Due to the technologies within the product, it can be used for both internal and external projects and is also durable in different weather and under-water environments.
EB25is also certified for use in sanitary and food preparation areas and once cured is resistant to mould, temperature extremes, chemicals and more
We provide EB25 by Everbuild in the full colour range, which includes: Black, White and Grey. Also, Crystal Clear that remains crystal clear and does not fog like similar products.
Substrates that EB25 bonds to include:
Bonding & sealing in almost every application imaginable, including, but not limited to:
All surfaces must be clean and dust-free. Surfaces may be damp but have no standing water. Therefore, it can be used underwater, but adhesion performance is reduced so should be applied as an emergency repair in these conditions only.
Everbuild AC95 is specially formulated for bonding & sealing plasterboard, and other Kraft lined insulation boards, where a fire rated seal of up to 5 hours is required. Everbuild AC95 is a water-based & solvent free formulation. It is easy to use and clean up and adheres to just about all building substrates.
– For filling gaps between plasterboard walls to form an acoustic & intumescent barrier. Can be used on floors, ceilings and dry lining applications.
– Can be used as an adhesive to bond plasterboard to plasterboard and bond plasterboard to wood and metal studding and direct to block work.
– For sealing and bonding, almost all kraft lined insulation boards.
– Can provide a fire barrier for up to 5 hours – 25% higher than conventional/competitive fire rated sealants.
– Permanently flexible/high grab.
– Adheres to most surfaces.
– Mould resistant.
– Easy cleanup.
All surfaces must be clean and dust free. Highly porous substrates such as new plaster should first be primed with Everbuild 501 PVA Bond diluted 1:4 with water. Surfaces may be slightly damp, but not wet. NOTE: THIS WILL SLOW THE CURE.
Fit cartridge into a 1ltr mastic gun. Cut nozzle to required length with a sharp blade and puncture inner membrane seal before applying. Use as a sealant: Always cut nozzle to size slightly larger than the gap to be sealed. Apply to the gap, slightly overfilling, and finish smooth with a caulking tool or filler knife.
Use as an adhesive for bonding to large substrates: Cut nozzle to provide a bead of approximately 9-10mm diameter, pierce the inner membrane and apply a continuous bead to one surface at 250-350mm centres. Apply board immediately to surface and tamp down. Provide temporary support until cured.
Apply a bead to studding and apply board immediately into position. Do not apply more than one board’s width of studding at one time. Provide temporary support until cured.
– Do not attempt to abrade when cured.
– If you wish to paint after application, do not do so until it has fully cured. Normally after 24 hours
– Do not apply below 5°C.
– Always use in conjunction with mechanical fixings if the product is being used in overhead applications
– Known to have compatibility problems with some cPVC piping
For more Everbuild products on our website, please click here.
For any further information, please visit the Everbuild website here.
Everbuild Fire Seal 400 is an elastic, acoustic rated silicone sealant that neutrally cures & conforms to EN1366-4:2006 for fire retardant and has a fire rating of up to 4 hours in specific joint configurations. Typically used for all sealing joints within the building envelope which require a fire rating.
– Building joints which require a fire rating.
– Sealing joints in firewalls, partitions and other structures.
– Ideal for use for fire-rated expansion joints.
– Everbuild Fire Seal 400is a Neutral cure – adheres to most building surfaces, porous and non-porous.
– Permanently flexible (25% movement accommodation).
– Excellent weathering properties – suitable for internal and external applications.
– This product will not slump, so it is easy to apply and tool off. Therefore, making it an excellent choice for a majority of applications.
– Forms an acoustic seal.
All surfaces must be dry and free of dust, therefore, improving adhesion. In addition to that, on non-porous surfaces, use Primer NP2.
– Do not use on surfaces that bleed oils or plasticisers or in contact with bitumen or asphalt.
– Do not attempt to sand down. Finish smooth as per directions.
– Not overpaintable.
– In some cases, the product can yellow while curing if exposed to brick acid or bleach. However, this does not affect performance.
All information on Everbuild Fire Seal 400 is based on tests conducted in a laboratory environment. Actual performance data may vary due to circumstances beyond our control.
For all other fire protection products on our website, please click here.
If you need any further information, please visit the Everbuild website here.
Everbuild Fireseal 300 is a one-part, acrylic-based, intumescent sealant that gives a firm yet flexible seal. The product will resist fire passages for up to 5 hours. The selected fillers used in this formulation also make it suitable for use as an acoustic sealant. Alternative fire product from Everbuild is the Fire Seal 400 – slightly less fire-resistant time but silicone-based over the acrylic 300, making it slightly easier to apply.
– Sealing voids, irregular holes & joints in walls.
– Also, for maintaining the integrity of pipes and cables that penetrate them.
– For internal perimeter pointing of fire rated doors & windows.
When exposed to heat, this product will swell greater than 3 x it’s original size.
– No priming required for most construction substrates.
– Joint movement capability of +/- 12.5%.
– Non-slump – therefore, it is easy to apply and tool off.
– Tack free in 15 minutes.
– Can be painted.
– In addition, this product has excellent acoustic properties for sound deadening –average noise reduction of 29dB.
All surfaces must be clean, dry and dust-free, Everbuild Wonderwipes are a great handy cleaner to use. All flaking surface coatings and old sealant should be removed before application. Everbuild Fireseal 300 does not require a primer on most common surfaces, although we recommend adhesion tests before full-scale application. However, if the joint is likely to be immersed or if adhesion is poor.
– Not for use on substrates that may bleed oils, solvents or plasticizers.
– Also, this product should not be used in glazing systems.
For all other fire products on our website, please click here.
For any further information you need on Everbuilds products, please visit their website here.
illbruck FM330 is one part, rapid, moisture-curing expanding polyurethane foam which is gun applied and has excellent elasticity, airtightness and acoustic properties. It has excellent adhesion to a full range of building substrates, such as brick, block, plaster, stone and cementitious materials as well as wood & metal.
illbruck FM330 is ideal for airtight gap filling in general construction joints – including where movement is expected to occur.
It is suitable for applications such as airtight window and door perimeter joint seals, sealing floor to wall and wall to ceiling joints and pipe & service penetrations.
– A high-performance PU foam with excellent acoustic and airtight performance
– Airtight formulation – tested to EN 12114
– Elastic performance – up to 50% movement capability
– Can still be used at temperatures as low as -3°C
– Low post-expansion facilitates more accurate application depth
– Shake the canister vigorously at 20 times. Remove the protective cap & screw the gun onto the canister.
– Invert can and direct nozzle into the gap, pressing gently on the trigger to establish the correct flow rate.
– Underfill joints to allow for post-application expansion of the foam. Fill to approximately 80-90% of the joint depth
– Applying a light spray of clean water between each layer before application
– When filling deep joints, apply in layers & wait for each layer to skin and partially cure before applying the next.
For all other illbruck products on our website, please click here.
For any further information you require on illbruck products, please visit their website here.
Soudal Silirub RAL Color Coloured Silicone Sealant has been specially developed for colour matched sealing based on the RAL Colour System.
RAL colours will have a lead time of up to 8 weeks, and a minimum quantity of 60 carts are required (4 boxes). Lead time will be advised upon order (or contact us via email for a quick reply). When placing an order please add colour RAL code in the comments section.
Building and construction joints which require a colour matched sealant. The sealing of glazing works on powder-coated aluminium, ceramic, PVC, painted wood, metal, brickwork, concrete etc. Perminater sealing of windows and doors, rooflines and drainage systems. With the high movement capability, the Soudal Color is ideal for a wide range of construciton jobs externally such as joints with high movement between different building materials.
Soudal Soudafoam Gap Filler is an expanding foam filler. Soudal Soudafoam Gap filling formulation with high 3D expansion. Easy to use, one component. Rapid curing. Excellent thermal and acoustic insulation properties. Primerless adhesion on most construction materials. Available in Hand-Held and Genius Gun®, Gun Grade and Click & Fix® versions both come with DuraValave.
– Polyurethane foam filler
– Acoustic rating ISO 717-1: 58 dB
– Thermal conductivity DIN 52612: 37mW/mK
– Application temperatures: +5C to +30C
– Hand-Held, Genius Gun®, Gun Grade and Click & Fix® versions.
– Excellent stability (no shrinkage or post-expansion)
– High filling capacity
– Excellent adhesion on all surfaces (except PE, PP and PTFE).
– High insulation value, thermal and acoustic
– Excellent bonding properties.
General-purpose gap-filling: pipe penetrations, insulation and roofing materials and general construction.
– Installing of window and door frames.
– Filling of cavities.
– Sealing of all openings in roof constructions.
– Apply of an acoustic baffle
– Improving thermal isolation in cooling systems.
Twelve months unopened and stored in dry and cool conditions, Upright storage is recommended.
For all other foam systems on our website, please click here.
For any further info you may need on Soudal products, please visit their website here.
Acoustic sealants prevent the travel of sound whilst remaining flexible. They are utilised in a variety of construction projects and can be used by both professionals and as part of a DIY project.
We stock high quality brands such as Dow Corning, Everbuild and Soudal, which are highly sought-after due to their industry leading acoustic sealants. We also regularly update our stocklist to ensure we continually provide the best products to our customers.
The acoustic sealants we provide to our clients are available in a range of colours, making them ideal for seamless application in a variety of projects. Alongside our acoustic sealants we also stock a range of fire-resistant sealants, general sealants and those designed for specialist use in bathrooms and kitchens.
Acoustic sealants are often used in construction projects as a form of soundproofing; therefore, we understand there are often requirements for bulk orders of sealants. At SSL we provide discounts on large orders, with the option of opening a trade account to benefit form even more savings.
If you would like more information on the sealants we provide, detailed information can be found on product pages or do not hesitate to get in touch with our friendly team.