Keracolor Flex is an improved, cementitious grout with water repellent properties and high abrasion resistance.
Keracolor Flex is a blend of specially selected hydraulic binders with fine graded aggregates, polymers, additives and colourants. High-quality hydrophobic additives enhance the grout’s technical performance imparting water repellent properties to the surface. This reduces dirt pickup and increases the grout’s durability and longevity.
When mixed and applied correctly to the joints, the following properties are obtained:
• water repellent surfaces;
• joint widths from 1-6mm
• good compressive & flexural strengths
• good resistance to freeze & thaw cycles
• gently textured surface with a low water absorption
• excellent abrasion resistance
• good resistance to thermal change and vibration
• can be used on heated floors
• for use on tiled finishes over wooden substrates
• resistance to oils, solvents & alkaline cleaning materials
Keracolor Flex can be mixed with Mapei’s Fugolastic to further improve the grout’s performance. This high-quality polymer additive can effectively enhance the characteristics of the grout when used on balconies and facades, which can face harsh weather conditions. This also makes it ideal for leisure pools with wave machines or in external locations. For further information, refer to
the Fugolastic technical datasheet.
Note: when adding Fugolastic, the grout may appear darker than when mixed with water.
For more in our range of grouts, please clickhere. For tools, please click here.
For more information on Mapei, you can visit their website here.
Keracolor Flex is ideal for use in the following;
• Grouting floor and wall tiled finishes.
• Grouting kitchens, bathrooms and conservatories.
• Grouting showers, wet rooms and swimming pools.
• Grouting internal or external tiled finishes.
• Grouting glazed ceramic tiles and polished porcelain.
• Grouting tiled finishes with underfloor/undertile heating.
• Grouting external facades.
Preparing the joints
It is essential that the adhesive or mortar bed is completely hardened and dry, and that all substrates are cured, dry and free from rising damp. The joints must be clean, and free from adhesive and loose debris. Where necessary, rake out the joints to the depth of the tile being applied. Where absorbent tiles are being used, it is recommended that all tile edges are dampened with clean water prior to application.
Preparing the mix
Mixing ratio: a 5kg bag requires between 1.4 and 1.50 litres of water (0.28 to 0.30 litres per kg). When using Fugolastic, replace all the mixing water adding 1.4 to 1.5 litres to a 5kg bag.
Add the required amount of clean water into a clean bucket. Thoroughly shake the bag before use. It is recommended that full units are mixed to reduce any colour variations in the grout. Slowly add the grout whilst continuously stirring at a slow speed to avoid adding air. Mix for approx. 2 mins until free from lumps, and it has an even colour. Allow the grout to stand for a further 2 minutes and then remix. A second mix is essential in order to thoroughly disperse all the additives. Use the grout within 2hrs of mixing at +20ºC. If during the use time the grout
appears to stiffen, briefly re-stir – do not add more water.
Applying the grout
Using a clean rubber grout float to work the grout thoroughly into the joint. Whilst still wet, remove excess grout diagonally to the grout lines removing as much as possible. Do not grout areas that can’t be washed off within 10-20 minutes.
• Do not add any additional cements to the Keracolor Flex mix.
• When mixing, ensure the correct water ratio is used each time. Variations in water ratios may result in different colour shades.
Initially used SSL via eBay - service was excellent.Contacted them directly for my second purchase, staff were very... knowledgable and couldn't help enough.The items were sent out the same day and at the best price.5 star service all the way!read more
We have purchased our Mapei Grout and Mapei AC silicone from Sealant Supplies for the past 5 months, they have been... quick to dispatch and always seem to have the colours we require in stock. Will keep using them.read more