Paintable hybrid sealant and adhesive with a high modulus of elasticity also for wet substrates, for movements up to 20%.
Mapeflex MS45 has been specifically developed for sealing expansion, fillet and distribution joints on horizontal and vertical surfaces. It is also recommended to form internal and external flexible bonds between similar and dissimilar materials commonly used in the building industry and replace or integrate mechanical fasteners.
Mapeflex MS45 is a thixotropic adhesive and sealant made from sililated polymers and completely free of silicone and isocyanates. Compared with polyurethane products, Mapeflex MS45 is easier to extrude and smooth over (mainly when applied at low temperatures), has a wider application temperature range, does not blister even during particularly damp conditions, has a greater compatibility with damp substrates during the application, is more resistant to UV rays, hardens more quickly, has a longer shelf life and is available in handy plastic cartridges. Compared with neutral silicone products, Mapeflex MS45 forms a better bond on compact and absorbent substrates, drastically reduces the amount of dirt that collects on the surface, offers better mechanical properties such as tensile and shear strength. Before painting over Mapeflex MS45, it must be fully polymerised. The paint used must be flexible, such as Elastocolor Paint, elastomeric, crack bridging, permanently flexible, protective paint with high resistance to chemicals for internal and external surfaces. We recommend carrying out preliminary tests to make sure the sealant and paint are compatible.
For more information about Mapei, please visit their website here.
For our range of mapei products, please click here. For our full range of sealants, please click here.
Some application examples
Used as a sealant:
• Sealing expansion, fillet and distribution joints subject to movements of up to 20% of the average width of the joint. It is most frequently used for the following applications:
• traditional façades;
• ventilated façades;
• civil and industrial floors, including those subject to heavy vehicular traffic;
• window and door fittings;
• cracks and splits;
• paintable joints;
• tin roofs and metalwork.
Used as flexible adhesive:
Bonds on the following:
• cement and cement-based materials;
• painted surfaces in general;
• glass and mirrors;
• wood and wood-based materials;
• ceramic and klinker;
• insulating materials in general;
• many types of plastic.
When applied at a thickness of 3 mm, it forms a flexible bond between most building materials, including many types of plastic. Its high bond strength without primer and its rapid polymerisation make Mapeflex MS45 easy to use when installing building elements or bonding construction features, both internally and externally.
• Do not apply on dusty or crumbling surfaces.
• Do not apply on surfaces with traces of oil, grease and stripping compound; otherwise, the bond may be compromised.
• Do not apply on bituminous surfaces where there may be traces of bleeding oil.
• Do not apply Mapeflex MS45 if the temperature is below +5°C.
• Before painting over the sealant, make sure it is compatible with the type of paint used.
• Use Mapeflex MS Crystal for transparent sealing.
Initially used SSL via eBay - service was excellent.Contacted them directly for my second purchase, staff were very... knowledgable and couldn't help enough.The items were sent out the same day and at the best price.5 star service all the way!read more
We have purchased our Mapei Grout and Mapei AC silicone from Sealant Supplies for the past 5 months, they have been... quick to dispatch and always seem to have the colours we require in stock. Will keep using them.read more