Everbuild Puraflex 40 is a high modulus, one component, PU sealant and adhesive which adheres strongly to most substrates. Provides excellent mechanical resistance & resistance to most common chemicals. Furthermore, this product can be over-painted when cured.
– Bonds to wood, concrete, metal, aluminium, polyester, glass, uPVC, stone, ceramics, etc
– Can be painted with gloss and emulsion.
– Good sea water resistance.
– Can be painted with oil and latex paints.
In addition to the above, if you require further information on this product, you can visit the Everbuild website here.
This product is also available in a 600ml foil & can be viewed here.
– Sealing and bonding metal panels and trim.
– Expansion joint sealing in concrete panels and floor joint.
– Sealing in areas subject to mechanical abrasion & vibration.
– A multitude of sealing and bonding applications in the construction and engineering markets.
– Bonding in container fabrication.
– Floor joints exposed to high traffic, such as those found in garage forecourts, warehouse, factory floors, sports arenas & shopping centres etc.
All surfaces must be dry and dust free before using Everbuild Puraflex 40. All flaking or loose surface coatings and any old sealants should be removed before application. In addition to that, when using on glass, metal and aluminium, areas should be cleaned with a proprietary solvent cleaner before application for optimum adhesion. When using Everbuild Puraflex 40 with solvents, always ensure adequate ventilation. Avoid heat, sparks and open flames. Observe and follow all precautions listed on the solvent container label. It is not recommended for application to surfaces that are below 5˚C as it is impossible to guarantee a dry, frost-free surface at these temperatures. Therefore the sealant will most likely fail. It is unlikely that priming will be required; however, concrete must be sealed using a Primer. After that, if you are in doubt, consult Technical Services.
Primer is not always essential unless using on porous surfaces like concrete. If primer is needed, use Sika 3N Primer
– Not for use on substrates that may bleed oils, solvents or plasticises.
– Do not use on bitumen or asphalt.
– Paint types vary so conduct a trial prior to full application. Some paints have low movement and can
show surface cracking.
Initially used SSL via eBay - service was excellent.Contacted them directly for my second purchase, staff were very... knowledgable and couldn't help enough.The items were sent out the same day and at the best price.5 star service all the way!read more
We have purchased our Mapei Grout and Mapei AC silicone from Sealant Supplies for the past 5 months, they have been... quick to dispatch and always seem to have the colours we require in stock. Will keep using them.read more