Fugolastic main purpose is as a substitute for water to mix the cement based grouts in the Keracolor range. This helps to improve the grout adhesion and mechanical strength, and to reduce the porosity and absorption.
Fugolastic is a water dispersion of synthetic polymers, that when mixed with cement based products for grouting ceramic tiles, enhances them with the following properties:
• Improved compactness and greater abrasion resistance.
• Optimum hydration of the cement based binder, and improved adhesion to the edge of tiles.
• Less porosity and less absorption meaning cleaning the grout is easier.
Fugolastic can be safely mixed with all Keracolor colours and grain sizes without affecting the colour.
For more information about Mapei and their products, please visit their website here.
For our full Mapei range, click here. For more in our Grouts and Adhesives range, click here.
Please be aware that this is a non stock item and lead times may vary.
Some application examples;
• For grouting façades, balconies, terraces and swimming pools.
• For grouting floors subject to heavy traffic.
• For repairing old, ruined or poorly grouted ceramic tiles.
• For grouting floors and walls, particularly on flexible substrates such as wood, plywood, etc.
• For grouting ceramic/glass mosaic floors and wall coverings.
• For grouting floors and walls thats are subject to frequent cleaning, e.g, gyms and swimming pool changing rooms.
• For grouting terracotta floors or other types of tiles that need to be polished upon installation.
Shake the Fugolastic before use, then pour it into a clean container and add the Keracolor.
Use 28-30 parts of Fugolastic for 100 parts by weight of Keracolor FF or 18-20 parts by weight of Fugolastic for 100 parts by weight of Keracolor GG. Use 33-34 parts by weight of Fugolastic for 100 parts by weight of Keracolor SF.
• Do not add water to the Keracolor mixture prepared with Fugolastic.
• Do not use Fugolastic in the Keracolor mixture when grouting terracotta floors or porous/rough surfaces. Do a sample test when grouting polished porcelain tiles, to ensure it can be cleaned.
• The Keracolor mixture with Fugolastic cant be used in flexible expansion joints, or areas that are subject to movement.
Initially used SSL via eBay - service was excellent.Contacted them directly for my second purchase, staff were very... knowledgable and couldn't help enough.The items were sent out the same day and at the best price.5 star service all the way!read more
We have purchased our Mapei Grout and Mapei AC silicone from Sealant Supplies for the past 5 months, they have been... quick to dispatch and always seem to have the colours we require in stock. Will keep using them.read more