MAPESIL AC is a high quality, mould resistant sealant, which is ideal for internal use but can also be used in external applications. The product comes in a 310ml cartridge & has a range of 42 colours to choose from. Mapei also colour match this product to their Ultracolor plus grout range, creating a seamless transition between grout & silicone lines when used together.
To view the Ultracolor plus range – please click here.
– Mapesil AC should not be used in applications between joints of ceramic tiles & natural stone of light colour externally. Use Mapesil LM, which can be viewed here.
– Should not be used for sealing of surfaces sensitive to acids, such as limestone. Again, use Mapesil LM.
– Do not use on bituminous surfaces or highly plasticized material.
– Mapesil AC’s chemical resistance to agents is typically excellent. However, we advise you to check the technical data sheet or do a small test.
We have a number of tools on our website that would assist with the application of this product. We would recommend using a PC Cox Skeleton Gun to apply & a Bond-it Tooling Kit to aid in providing a professional finish.
For further information, please visit the Mapei website here.
– Perfect for sealing sanitary areas
– Internal Application
– Ideal for use with ceramics
– Can be used on wooden frames
– Can also be used for Expansion Joints
All areas needing application must be solid, free from dust and loose particles, oils, grease, wax, old paint and rust. To guarantee the seal can carry out its function, provision should be made for it to compress freely.
During application, it is, therefore, necessary that:
– Mapei AC only adheres to the side of the walls of the joint and not to be used at the base of the joint;
– The estimated maximum extension should be no higher than 25% of the initial width (calculated at +20°C). The joint should be sized with this in mind
– Joint width and depth must follow as below:
10mm Width = 10mm Depth
11mm – 20mm Width = 10mm Depth
20mm or above Width = Half of the width in depth.
With the Mapesil AC, cut the cartridge at the end of the thread and screw supplied nozzle on. Ensure the nozzle is cut at an angle and dimension to the corresponding joint. Insert the cartridge into the gun and expel the sealant.