Everbuild Fireseal 300 is a one-part, acrylic-based, intumescent sealant that gives a firm yet flexible seal. The product will resist fire passages for up to 5 hours. The selected fillers used in this formulation also make it suitable for use as an acoustic sealant. Alternative fire product from Everbuild is the Fire Seal 400 – slightly less fire-resistant time but silicone-based over the acrylic 300, making it slightly easier to apply.
– Sealing voids, irregular holes & joints in walls.
– Also, for maintaining the integrity of pipes and cables that penetrate them.
– For internal perimeter pointing of fire rated doors & windows.
When exposed to heat, this product will swell greater than 3 x it’s original size.
– No priming required for most construction substrates.
– Joint movement capability of +/- 12.5%.
– Non-slump – therefore, it is easy to apply and tool off.
– Tack free in 15 minutes.
– Can be painted.
– In addition, this product has excellent acoustic properties for sound deadening –average noise reduction of 29dB.
All surfaces must be clean, dry and dust-free, Everbuild Wonderwipes are a great handy cleaner to use. All flaking surface coatings and old sealant should be removed before application. Everbuild Fireseal 300 does not require a primer on most common surfaces, although we recommend adhesion tests before full-scale application. However, if the joint is likely to be immersed or if adhesion is poor.
– Not for use on substrates that may bleed oils, solvents or plasticizers.
– Also, this product should not be used in glazing systems.
For all other fire products on our website, please click here.
For any further information you need on Everbuilds products, please visit their website here.