Keraquick S1 is a high-performance, quick-setting, deformable cementitious adhesive with no vertical slip for ceramic tiles and stone material stable in the presence of humidity (thickness of adhesive up to 10 mm). With very low emission of volatile organic compounds.
Keraquick S1 is a grey or white powder composed of a blend of special cements, selectively-graded aggregates, synthetic resins and setting accelerators that develop high bond strength only 2-3 hours after installation. For this reason, floors and walls can be used very quickly. Floors are ready for use in 24 hours and can be walked on after only 2 hours. By mixing Keraquick S1 with Latex Plus, the deformability improves to meet the requirements of class C2F S2 (highly deformable, fast setting, improved cementitious adhesive) according to ISO 13007.
For more information about Mapei and their products, please visit their website here.
For our full Mapei range, click here. For more in the Mapei Kera range, click here.
Bonding to cement screeds, cement-based renders, cured concrete, existing floors internally and externally.
For the installation of:
• ceramic and mosaic tiles of every type and stone materials that are not extremely sensitive to moisture;
• insulating materials such as expanded polystyrene and polyurethane, gypsum board, glass and rock wool, Eraclit, foamed-concrete blocks, sound-deadening panels, etc. Some application examples
• Repairs in heavily trafficked areas and when surfaces need to be put into service rapidly, such as public premises, motorway services, pedestrian passages, supermarkets, showrooms.
• Rapid installation or repairs in swimming pools, industrial plants (breweries, wine-cellars, dairies, etc.), refrigeration units.
• Rapid repair work in bathrooms, showers, kitchens, balconies, terraces. • Installing non-absorbent flooring over existing flooring, where the setting time of other cement-based adhesives would be too slow.
• Installing marble and other stone material, even light coloured stone (for the latter, use Keraquick S1 white).
• Installing tiles onto heated screeds.
Preparing the substrates
Substrates must be flat, mechanically strong, free from loose particles, grease, oil, paint, wax, etc. and sufficiently dry. Damp substrates could slow down Keraquick S1’s setting process. Cementitious substrates must not be subject to shrinkage once the tiles have been installed, therefore in warm weather, renders should be cured at least one week per centimetre of thickness. Cementitious screeds must have an overall cure of at least 28 days unless they have been made with the special MAPEI binders for screeds such as Mapecem, Mapecem Pronto, Topcem or Topcem Pronto, ready-mixed mortars. Surfaces that are too hot due to exposure to direct sunlight should be cooled by dampening them with water. Gypsum substrates and anhydrite screeds must be perfectly dry (max. residual moisture 0.5%), sufficiently hard and free of dust. They must be treated with Primer G or Eco Prim T, while areas subject to high humidity must be treated with Primer S. In general, refer to the relative MAPEI technical documentation regarding substrate preparation before repairing cracks in substrates consolidating rapid-drying screeds and levelling installation surfaces.
Preparing the mix
A 20 kg bag of Keraquick S1 Grey should be mixed with approx. 4.6–5.0 litres of water, while a 20 kg bag of Keraquick S1 White should be mixed with approx. 4.6–5.0 litres of water. While stirring, pour Keraquick S1 into a bucket containing clean water and mix with a mechanical stirrer until a homogeneous lump-free paste is obtained. Let the mix stand a few minutes, then stir again briefly before applying. The mixture must be used within 30 minutes of preparation.
Applying the mix
Keraquick S1 is applied to the substrate with a notched trowel to a max of 10 mm thick. First, to achieve good adhesion, apply a skim coat of Keraquick S1 onto the substrate using the straight edge of the trowel followed immediately by the correct thickness. When selecting the trowel, choose one that transfers the adhesive to at least 65 to 70% of the back of the tiles for interior walls and floors and 100% coverage for heavy traffic areas and exteriors.
• for mosaics up to 5×5 cm, the MAPEI square notched trowel No. 4 is recommended;
• for normal ceramic wall tiles, the MAPEI V-notched trowel No. 5 is recommended;
• for floors, very irregular surfaces and tiles with high ribs or lugs, the MAPEI V-notched trowel No. 6 is recommended;
• for very demanding applications such as exteriors subject to freezing, installations in swimming pools and bathtubs, floors subject to heavy loads, floors to be polished in situ, dove-tailed tiles, tiles with deep ribs or lugs, or large-size tiles, the adhesive should also be applied to the back of the tiles (back buttering). This method is prescribed for sizes exceeding 900 cm² (30×30 cm). If the substrates are very absorbent and in high temperatures, it is recommended to dampen the substrate in order to extend the adhesive’s open time before applying Keraquick S1.
Do not use Keraquick S1 in the following cases:
• on metal, rubber, PVC and linoleum surfaces;
• on walls and floors subject to extreme flexing or vibration (wood, fibre-cement boards, etc.);
• for bonding insulating panels of expanded polystyrene with protective film.
Initially used SSL via eBay - service was excellent.Contacted them directly for my second purchase, staff were very... knowledgable and couldn't help enough.The items were sent out the same day and at the best price.5 star service all the way!read more
We have purchased our Mapei Grout and Mapei AC silicone from Sealant Supplies for the past 5 months, they have been... quick to dispatch and always seem to have the colours we require in stock. Will keep using them.read more