Keralastic is a high performance, two-component, polyurethane adhesive for the installation of ceramic, porcelain, natural and agglomerate stone tiles & mosaics on interior and exterior walls and floors.
Suitable for the interior and exterior bonding of wall and floor ceramic tiles, as well as stone material mosaics, etc. Other substrates include;
• screeds, renders, concrete, asphalt, wood, metal, PVC, reinforced polyester, fibre-cement, gypsum, gypsum board, gypsum panels, etc.
Keralastic is a two-component, solvent and water free adhesives that are both flexible and waterproof. Made up of a polyurethane base and a special hardener, on mixing the two components together, you get a paste with the following properties:
• good workability;
• excellent durability and resistance to ageing;
• great adhesion to a range of surfaces used in building;
• hardens by chemical reaction and without shrinkage;
• high deformability;
For more information about Mapei and their products, please visit their website here.
For our full Mapei range, click here. For more in our Accelerators & Admixtures range, click here.
Please be aware that this is a non stock item and lead times may vary.
Some application examples
• Bonding ceramic tiles, stone materials and all types of mosaics in showers and on sheets used in prefabricated bathrooms.
• Bonding ceramic tiles and mosaics on wooden surfaces, or in kitchens in order to achieve a waterproof surface.
• Bonding ceramic tiles, stone material and mosaics on external balconies, terraces, domes or flat roofs that are subject to foot traffic.
• Bonding natural and reconstructed stone, e.g. marble of every type, slate, etc. that are also subject to movement/size variation, due to water absorption.
• Bonding ceramic tiles and stone material to surfaces subject to vibrations and deflections.
Preparing the substrates
The substrates must be mechanically strong, free of dirt, and dry. Cement substrates must not be subject to shrinkage after the installation of tiles. During Spring/Summer, renders must be cured for at least one week for every centimetre of thickness. Cementitious screeds must be cured for a period of at least 28 days. It’s recommended to reinforce gypsum/gypsum board and anhydrite substrates with a coat of Primer EP or MF.
Preparing the mix
The two components of Keralastic are supplied in ready-to-mix cans:
• component A: grey/white – 94 parts by weight;
• component B: transparent – 6 parts by weight.
The ratio of the resin (component A) and the hardener (component B) is fixed. Do not attempt any mixture modifications as this could cause incorrect hardening of the product.
Pour the component B into component A and mix well until a uniform grey/white paste is achieved. It is advised to use a low speed electric stirrer to ensure perfect mixing. Use the completed mix within 30-40 minutes.
Applying the mix
Apply a uniformed layer of Keralastic to the surface with a notched trowel. Choose a notched trowel that will give a coverage of at least 65-70% to the back of the tiles. For exterior installations, the back of the tile must be completely covered with the adhesive. When waterproofing and bonding are required, on wooden kitchen worktops for example, one of two procedures may be followed:
• spread Keralastic on the surface with a flat trowel at a thickness of at least 2mm. Then rework the surface with a notched trowel without reducing the thickness to any less than 1mm. This thickness must be maintained even after the tiles have been installed.
• spread the Keralastic with a flat trowel to a uniformed thickness of 1mm for waterproofing. After hardening, apply a second layer of Keralastic with a notched trowel.
• Do not use on damp surfaces, or where there is a risk of damp.
• The packs are pre-measured, therefore making mixing errors impossible.
• Do not use Keralastic to bond transparent glass materials.
• We strongly advise against using these products on particularly porous or light coloured natural stones.
Initially used SSL via eBay - service was excellent.Contacted them directly for my second purchase, staff were very... knowledgable and couldn't help enough.The items were sent out the same day and at the best price.5 star service all the way!read more
We have purchased our Mapei Grout and Mapei AC silicone from Sealant Supplies for the past 5 months, they have been... quick to dispatch and always seem to have the colours we require in stock. Will keep using them.read more