Keraquick XL Fibrelite is a fibre reinforced high yield, cement based, rapid setting, adhesive for both interior and exterior use. Suitable for installing porcelain, ceramic and natural stone materials. Suitable for fixing tiles up to 1500 x 1500mm.
Keraquick XL Fibrelite is a powder composed of a special mix of cements that are comprised of selectively graded aggregates, synthetic resins, fibres and setting accelerators. These together, develop a high bond strength after only 90 minutes from setting. This enables floor installations to be completed quickly as they can be walked over after 90 minutes, and general foot traffic after 12 hours. When hardened, Keraquick XL Fibrelite is frost and water resistant.
For more information about Mapei and their products, please visit their website here.
For our full Mapei range, click here. For more in our Adhesive range, click here.
Please be aware that this is a non stock item and lead times may vary.
Interior and exterior bonding of ceramic and porcelain tiles and mosaics and natural stone materials that are not sensitive to moisture. Ideal for large format tiling.
Some application examples
• Fixing tiles up to 1500 x 1500mm in size.
• Installation on to suitably prepared timber surfaces such as 15mm overlaid plywood floors.
• Suitable for use in expansive commercial environments.
• For use internally and externally.
• for the installation of marble and natural stone materials.
• For installation over wet and/or electrical underfloor heating systems.
• Suitable for installation of tiles on pre prepared calcium sulphate screeds.
Preparing the substrate
Substrates must be dry and dirt free. Old flooring adhesive, residues and any other contamination should be cleaned so as not to disrupt adhesion. Cementitious surfaces must be cured and any shrinkage process must be completed before tiles are installed. Concrete surfaces must be at least 6 weeks old, and cement based screeds at least 3 weeks. Powerfloated concrete should be mechanically abraded to open up the surface and to remove any curing agents prior to application.
Preparing the mix
Keraquick XL Fibrelite must be mixed mechanically in a clean vessel with clean water until it is a smooth and lump free paste. Allow the product to stand for 2/3 minutes before mixing once more and use within 40 minutes.
Applying the mix
Keraquick XL Fibrelite should be applied to the surface with a notched trowel to a thickness of 15mm.
Adhesive coverage will be determined by the notch size of the trowel thats chosen.For highly absorbent surfaces, or during hot weather, the surface should be dampened to extend the adhesive time.
• Anhydrite screeds must firstly be abraded, vacuumed and primed.
• Plywood overlaid floors must use a minimum 15mm exterior grade plywood. They must also be fixed at a minimum of 300mm in all directions to provide a rigid surface. Prime with Eco Prim Grip.
• Not advised for areas subject to flexing or vibration.
• Not suitable for bonding to metal surfaces.
Initially used SSL via eBay - service was excellent.Contacted them directly for my second purchase, staff were very... knowledgable and couldn't help enough.The items were sent out the same day and at the best price.5 star service all the way!read more
We have purchased our Mapei Grout and Mapei AC silicone from Sealant Supplies for the past 5 months, they have been... quick to dispatch and always seem to have the colours we require in stock. Will keep using them.read more