Mapei Ultracolor Plus Tile Grout is a quick-setting and drying tile grout for grouting joints from 2 to 20 mm wide. Comes in 2kg and 5kg bags, the 5kg bag can be found here.
Ultracolor Plus creates a grouting mortar with the following features:
– Water-repellent and droplet-effect
– Colours resistant to ultra-violet rays and atmospheric agents
– After roughly 3 hours, ready for light foot traffic.
– After that is shrinkage compensated, therefore free from cracks
Therefore it has optimum resistance to abrasion, compression and flexural strength, even after freeze/thaw cycles, and therefore optimum durability. In addition, it has good resistance to acids with pH > 3.
For more information on this product, visit the Mapei website here.
Can be used internally and externally for grouting floors and walls in all types of ceramic. For instance, double-fired, single-fired, clinker, porcelain, etc.), terracotta, stone material, such as natural stone, marble, granite & agglomerates. Similarly with glass and marble mosaic.
– For grouting floors and walls that are subject to high levels of traffic (airports, shopping centres, restaurants, bars, etc.).
– Applying to walls & floors in residential areas (hotels, private houses, etc.).
– Similarly, with grouting floors and walls on façades, balconies and on swimming pools.
– Ultracolor Plus does not contain Portland cement and must not be mixed with gypsum or other binders.
– Use the product at temperatures between +5°C and +35°C.
– To avoid an uneven finish, we do not recommend sprinkling Ultracolor Plus powder onto the filled grout joints.
– Do not use Ultracolor Plus grout in expansion and movement joints.
– In conclusion, the surface of certain tiles or stone material may have micro-porosity or a rough surface. We advise carrying out a preliminary test to check how easy it is to clean the surface where necessary to apply a protective treatment to the surface. In other words, this is to ensure the grout does not penetrate into the surface porosity of the tiles.