Protecta FR Graphite is a high specification formulation designed to prevent the spread of fire, smoke and gases through openings in fire-rated walls and floors. Protecta FR Graphite expands when subjected to fire and closes openings around penetrations when any combustible or low-temperature melting materials have burnt away.
Protecta FR Graphite is designed to fire seal complex services that traditional fire-rated mastics do not achieve, such as large plastic pipes. Protecta FR Graphite can be used with suitable filling material, i.e. stone wool or Protecta Backing material, to ensure correct width to depth ratio and reduce the sealant’s shrinking during curing. The minimum depth and maximum width of the joints are included in the installation instructions.
Thermal activation takes place at 150 °C when the material will expand (intumesce) to prevent the passage of fire and smoke for periods up to 4 hours.
For barrel guns, click here. For all our other fire and heat resistant sealants, click here.
– Faster application times and minimal material use due to its ability to achieve high fire ratings and single sided installations
– Classified for fire sealing all types of constructions such as drywalls, masonry walls, concrete walls, concrete floors and composite floors
– Classified for fire stopping of service penetrations in cross-laminated timber walls and floors
– Classified for fire sealing all types of building service penetrations such as cables, cable bundles, cable conduits, steel pipes, copper pipes, composite pipes, PVC pipes, PE pipes, ABS pipes, PP pipes and PEX pipe-in-pipes
– Classified with commonly used pipe insulations such as stone wool, glass wool, elastomeric and phenolic, both interrupted and continuous through the fire seal
– Classified for fire sealing against timber, steel and aluminium such as door and window frames
– Causes no deleterious effects on cPVC pipes like BlazeMaster, supported by mechanical testing evidence
– May be installed in drywalls with or without framing around the opening
– Very high sound insulation
– Air, smoke and gas tight, tested at 600 Pascal
– Low emissions – environmentally and user friendly
– Suitable for most surfaces, including concrete, masonry, steel, gypsum, glass, plastics and most non-porous surfaces
– Hardens quickly and tack free after 1 hour (the fire performance specification of the joint filler has been derived when the joint filler has been let to cure for a month)
– 18 months storage time (under correct conditions)
– 30 years working life
Should not be used in permanently damp areas or in joints with excessive movement, joints at floor level or joints below the ground.
Initially used SSL via eBay - service was excellent.Contacted them directly for my second purchase, staff were very... knowledgable and couldn't help enough.The items were sent out the same day and at the best price.5 star service all the way!read more
We have purchased our Mapei Grout and Mapei AC silicone from Sealant Supplies for the past 5 months, they have been... quick to dispatch and always seem to have the colours we require in stock. Will keep using them.read more