Protecta Putty Cord is an easy to apply fire and sound rated sealant supplied as a non-setting putty. The putty is hand workable, re-useable and reserviceable due to its non-setting properties. The putty is manufactured and supplied in different shapes and forms for different applications.
For all our other fire and heat resistant sealants, click here.
We stock the full Protecta range on our website. To shop it, please click here.
– Supplied in different shapes and forms for multiple application areas
– Certified in many areas around the World, for instance in the EU, EEA, UK, UAE, New Zealand and Australia
– Installation is straightforward and quick
– Stops penetration of both cold and hot smoke
– Self-adhesive and very easy to apply without tools
– Unaffected by moisture; can be used in wet rooms
– Never hardens and ensures a tight fit
– Can be reshaped to other sizes if necessary
– Provides excellent sound insulation
– Tested for air permeability up to 1000Pa
– Environment- and user friendly; contains no solvents
– Contains a low pressure intumescent for optimal fire protection
– Working life of at least 50 years
– Patented solution (Putty Cord)
Putty Pads for sockets
When electrical sockets and switches are installed in dry lining partitions, the original fire rating of the partition is compromised. Fitting Putty Pads will reinstate the fire rating of the partition for up to two hours (depending on the partition fire rating), preventing the passage of smoke and flames in a fire, and sound and air movement during service life, through the electrical socket, into the cavity.
Putty Cord for fire sealing services
The putty cord is designed to be easily fitted around service penetrations where the gap around the services is very small, or there is no gaps at all, so a conventional fire rated sealant is impossible or difficult to fit due to the required depth and backing material. The putty cords are fitted, covering the gap around the services and do not need to fill the gap to the required depth.
Putty Pads for water supply boxes
When tap water wall boxes are installed in dry lining partitions, the original fire rating of the partition is compromised. Fitting Putty Pads will reinstate the fire rating of the partition for 90 minutes preventing the passage of smoke and flames in a fire, and sound and air movement during service life, through the tap water wall boxes into the cavity.
Initially used SSL via eBay - service was excellent.Contacted them directly for my second purchase, staff were very... knowledgable and couldn't help enough.The items were sent out the same day and at the best price.5 star service all the way!read more
We have purchased our Mapei Grout and Mapei AC silicone from Sealant Supplies for the past 5 months, they have been... quick to dispatch and always seem to have the colours we require in stock. Will keep using them.read more