Everbuild Pyro Mate Silicone is a neutral cure, elastic silicone sealant which conforms to the EN1366-4 standard for fire retardant and has a fire rating of up to 5 hours in specific joint configurations.
– Sealing of joints, irregular holes & voids within firewalls, partition walls and a range of other structures.
– Fire rated expansion joints.
– Neutral cure – Everbuild Pyro Mate adheres to most building surfaces, porous and non-porous.
– Permanently flexible.
– Excellent weathering characteristics. Therefore, it is suitable for internal and external use.
– You can use product joints up to 50mm wide and 25mm deep.
– No priming required for most construction substrates. However, for specific applications, priming may be advised.
– Everbuild Pyro Mate is easy to tool off, unlike a lot of other fire rated sealants.
– In addition, it has a long tooling time – 20-30 minutes.
– This product will not slump
All surfaces must be clean & dry. Similarly, any old mastic that may be present must be removed from the surface, as with any loose or flaking surface coating.
The surfaces to be sealed must be clean, dry and free from dust, grease and other contaminants. Priming is not required, although we always advise testing a small area if you are unsure before application.
Everbuild Firefoam B1 should be used beforehand to fill larger voids for maximum fire rating. Cut the tip of the cartridge with a sharp blade to ensure you do not damage the thread. Apply nozzle and cut at an angle with an opening slightly larger than the gap you wish to seal. After that, apply using a standard sealant gun.
To ensure a proper bond, always smooth the sealant down with a spatula or piece of wet wood.
– Do not use on substrates that could bleed oils or plasticisers or in contact with bitumen or asphalt.
– Do not attempt to sand down. Finish smooth as per directions.
– Not overpaintable
For all other fire rated products on our website, please click here.