Protecta FR Collars are designed to maintain the fire resistance of fire rated walls and floors where these are breached by service penetrations and may be used in drywalls, timber, masonry or concrete walls and floors.
Each FR Collar consists of a red coated circular steel shell that splits in two to fit around the service penetrations employing a simple ’slide lock system. The FR Collars steel shell contains a graphite based reactive material, which reacts when exposed to heat from fire, closing the openings left by the softening combustible material.
For all our other fire and heat resistant sealants, click here.
We stock the full Protecta range on our website which you can shop here.
– High end fast expanding patented graphite material, certified Worldwide
– Classified for fire sealing all types of constructions such as drywalls, masonry and concrete walls, concrete and composite floors, and solid or cross-laminated timber walls and floors
– Classified for fire sealing all types of building service penetrations such as cable bundles, cable conduits, steel pipes, copper pipes, composite pipes, PVC pipes, PE pipes, ABS pipes, PP pipes and PEX pipe-in-pipes
– Metal and plastic pipes are classified with commonly used elastomeric pipe insulations, continuous through the fire seal
– Approved plastic pipe sizes range from smallest pipes available to Ø 400mm, each with a wide range of pipe wall thicknesses
– Approved with a single collar in some concrete and masonry wall applications, reducing cost
– Collars are available in two different heights for different fire classifications to maximise cost efficiency
– Smaller pipes can be fitted within larger collars with the benefit of accommodating pipes that are at an angle, or if the opening around the pipe is too large
– Fire classifications up to 240 minutes for both integrity and insulation Tested and certified for U/U pipe end applications
– Very high sound insulation
– Causes no deleterious effects on cPVC pipes like BlazeMaster, supported by mechanical testing evidence
– No emissions – environmentally and user friendly
– Simple to install using widely available standard fixings
– Unlimited storage time (under correct conditions)
– 30 years working life guarantee
Initially used SSL via eBay - service was excellent.Contacted them directly for my second purchase, staff were very... knowledgable and couldn't help enough.The items were sent out the same day and at the best price.5 star service all the way!read more
We have purchased our Mapei Grout and Mapei AC silicone from Sealant Supplies for the past 5 months, they have been... quick to dispatch and always seem to have the colours we require in stock. Will keep using them.read more