Protecta FR Graphite Plates are a preformed self-adhesive intumescent plate used to reinstate the fire resistance performance of flexible wall constructions when punctured with plastic wall boxes. It is used where the walls have been provided with apertures for the penetration of conduits and cables into socket boxes on one or both sides of the wall.
The FR Graphite Plate immediately reacts to fire through the heat and automatically expands and fills up the box, preventing fire from passing through. Fitting Protecta FR Graphite Plate will reinstate the fire resistance performance of flexible wall constructions for up to 120 minutes. It also prevents the passage of fire through the electrical conduits between socket boxes.
For all our other fire and heat resistant sealants, click here.
We stock the full Protecta range on our website. To view, click here.
– Wall boxes can be fitted back to back
– Boxes can be fitted to steel and timber studs or noggins
– Up to 120 minutes of both integrity and insulation resistance
– Quick and easy to install
– For flexible walls with a minimum thickness of 75 mm
– Can be used on insulated and uninsulated walls
– Tested with a wide range of cables and conduits interconnected between boxes
– Tested with empty conduits between boxes for future cable transits
– High end fast expanding patented graphite material
– No emissions – environmentally and user friendly
– Unlimited storage time (under correct conditions)
– 50 years working life
Minimum separations and limitations:
Socket boxes can be fitted back to
back or side by side – one fitted to each face, and may also be used in the situation where a socket box penetrates one side of the wall only and the remaining side of the wall is not penetrated at the same point (i.e. the services continues on the inside of the wall). Minimum separation between socket boxes on one side of the wall should be at least 30 mm.
Flexible walls must have a minimum thickness of 75 mm and comprise steel or timber studs lined on both faces with minimum 1 layer of 12.5 mm thick boards. The supporting construction
must be classified in accordance with EN 13501-2 for the required fire resistance period.
Initially used SSL via eBay - service was excellent.Contacted them directly for my second purchase, staff were very... knowledgable and couldn't help enough.The items were sent out the same day and at the best price.5 star service all the way!read more
We have purchased our Mapei Grout and Mapei AC silicone from Sealant Supplies for the past 5 months, they have been... quick to dispatch and always seem to have the colours we require in stock. Will keep using them.read more