Protecta FR IPT is a high performance, professional quality, one part ready to use sealant and adhesive. Based on an innovative new Inert Polymer Technology, it is suitable for a wide variety of building trade applications, including decorating, flooring, joinery, plumbing and tiling and out-performs conventional silicone, MSP, butyl and acrylic based products as a sealant and adhesive – the only sealant free from dangerous emissions.
Protecta FR IPT is designed for sealing joints, voids/irregular holes in walls, partitions and other structures, resulting in an airtight and watertight seal. IPT is a non-reactive, environmentally friendly chemistry that ensures compatibility with most building materials and has the unique property of moving dynamically to accommodate the natural or unexpected movements of sealed/bonded joints within a long-lasting building performance.
Protecta FR IPT eliminates the selection choices that need to be made with conventional sealants and adhesives. Choosing a product for a building application can be confusing, especially as there are many products available and within those products a variety of grades, with variations in properties to suit the substrate or application. Protecta FR IPT overcomes this by offering the tradesman one solution for all internal building applications.
– Excellent adhesion to most common substrates
– Dynamic for low and high modulus applications
– 3D joint movement capability minimum 25%
– Can be used for all applications internally
– Fire rated up to 4 hours both integrity and insulation
– Resistant against radon (radioactive particles)
– Excellent slump resistance
– Only technology available that is VOC free
– Resistant to mould and mildew
– Low dirt pick up
– Easy to apply and tool off
– Low shrinkage
– Does not yellow
For barrel guns, click here. For all our other fire and heat resistant sealants, click here.
Suitable applications include:
– Internal sealing around doors and windows
– Sealing where air quality for health is important
– Sanitary applications including showers
– Sealing of gaps around fitted furniture and worktops
– Sealing around flooring
– Fire resistant sealing
– Radon resistant sealing
– Decorating caulking and sealing
– Air and sound sealing
IPT bonds to most building materials. Substrates include:
– Brick, concrete, stone, slate, ceramic, marble, granite
– Timber, plywood, block board, chipboard, fibreboard
– uPVC plastic trims and polycarbonate
– Insulating board
– Expanded polystyrene
– Plasterboard and plaster
– Metals, aluminium, steel, lead, copper and alloys
– Painted surfaces
– Where metals are not compatible with water contact, they should be primed prior to any sealant application.
– The sealant is soluble in water in wet/uncured state and cannot be used submerged or in rain. Applied sealant must not be sprayed with water or other fluids before skin formation (< 30 min).
– The sealant should not be used outdoors due to the design of the curing process technology.
– Very narrow seals cure faster than normal. There is a special version of IPT that cures more slowly.
– Recommended for use in joints up to 20mm wide, larger joints widths can be accommodated.
Initially used SSL via eBay - service was excellent.Contacted them directly for my second purchase, staff were very... knowledgable and couldn't help enough.The items were sent out the same day and at the best price.5 star service all the way!read more
We have purchased our Mapei Grout and Mapei AC silicone from Sealant Supplies for the past 5 months, they have been... quick to dispatch and always seem to have the colours we require in stock. Will keep using them.read more