Protecta FR Foam is a fire classified construction foam that has excellent acoustic properties.
The foam satisfies the fire resistance requirement of 240 minutes at a depth of 20 cm and is suited for quick and inexpensive sealing between concrete elements, Leca and similar where the top finish is not required.
The sound resistance classification of the FR Foam is 58dB at a depth of 10 cm, which may solve some construction industry problems.
-Great for sealing window and door fittings
-Filling free spaces, cracks, gaps and pipe penetrations
-Sealing roof, wall and floor joints.
1. The foam is hazardous and the propellant is extremely flammable. Please read the Safety Data Sheet and use the recommended protective measurements for transport, storage and use of this product.
2. Remove all loose debris in the seal, any contaminants such as grease and oil from the surfaces to be sealed.
3. Moisture is necessary to ensure a fast and even curing of the foam. Spray surfaces with water to moisten them when foam is applied (a spray bottle for plants can be used). This is especially important in warm and dry areas.
4. The tin must be shaken well (approx. 15-20 times) before use. Attach the gun to the tin but do not overtighten or activate the release valve.
5. The tin should be turned upside down for foam application so that the gun is under the tin.
6. Depending on the joint orientation and size, best results will be obtained by building up multiple layers from the bottom, thus allowing each individual layer to part cure. Do not attempt to insert excessive wet foam, as rapid expansion will cause wasteful overspill of curing foam in the joint and may apply pressure to soft materials and push them out of position. Foam extrusion can be controlled by depressing the trigger on the gun more or less, reducing the pressure on the valve.
7. Once the gap or joint is completely filled, excessive overspill should be removed by cutting with a knife or similar.
8. After sealing, the foam should be covered by a substrate resistant to mechanical damage and UV-radiation.
Initially used SSL via eBay - service was excellent.Contacted them directly for my second purchase, staff were very... knowledgable and couldn't help enough.The items were sent out the same day and at the best price.5 star service all the way!read more
We have purchased our Mapei Grout and Mapei AC silicone from Sealant Supplies for the past 5 months, they have been... quick to dispatch and always seem to have the colours we require in stock. Will keep using them.read more