Geocel 201 is one part sealant that has excellent adhesive and weathering properties and cures to a robust, flexible sealant.
Ideal areas for sealing – Pre-cast Facing – Cladding panels – Wall tiles- Granite – Metal & Timber window frames – Masonry – Glazing Systems (specific systems not all).
– Excellent adhesion to both porous and nonporous surfaces.
– Large colour range available
– Joint movement capability of ±20%
– Easy to apply, one-component sealant
– No maintenance required
– Unaffected by extremes in climatic conditions
– Over paintable (see painting guide on reverse)
For joints between 6mm-12mm wide (minimum should be 6mm) – a depth of 6mm is recommended.
For joints 12mm and above wide – a width to depth ratio of 2:1 should be used.
To prepare the surface, you should ensure that they are clean, dry, sturdy and grease-free.
Do not apply if the surface is below 5°C as it is impossible to guarantee Geocel 201 at this temperature.
Geocel 201 exhibits excellent primer-less adhesion to most common construction substrates. Geocel recommends carrying out an adhesion test before commencement of any project.
Closed-cell polyethene backer rod is recommended where a back-up material is required. Low tack polyethene tape should be used in joints too shallow to allow the use of the backer rod. Backer rod is available from Geocel.
The excess sealant may be cleaned off tools and nonporous surfaces, while in an uncured state.
Geocel 201 may be overpainted with flexible water-based paints.
For all other Geocel products on our website, please click here.
For any further information you may require on Geocel products, please visit their website here.
Geocel 480 is a fungus resistant, one-part, flexible, emulsion acrylic sealant. It offers excellent adhesion to a wide variety of substrates and can be over-painted within one hour.
Geocel 480 is specifically designed for internal perimeter pointing around door and window frames, including PVC-U and timber. Also suitable for filling gaps and cracks in walls, ceilings, between
plasterboard panels, architraves, skirting boards etc. Geocel 480 is especially useful in applications when the sealant is required to be painted.
– Excellent adhesion to most common construction substrates
– Can be over-painted in one hour
– Resists mildew and mould growth
– Remains flexible
– Easy to use, one-component sealant
Ensure that all surfaces are clean, dry, sound and grease-free.
Note: When using a solvent, always provide adequate ventilation. Avoid heat, sparks and open flames. It is recommended that Geocel 480 is not applied to surfaces that are below 5°C.
Areas adjacent to the joints should be masked with tape to prevent contamination of substrates and to ensure a neat sealant line. Furthermore, masking tape should be removed immediately after tooling.
A primer is not essential on most common construction substrates.
Closed-cell polyethene backer rod is recommended where a back-up material is required. Backer rod is available from Geocel.
The joint should be ‘tooled’ within five minutes of application to ensure proper contacts between the sealant and the substrate.
Use a dampened cloth to remove uncured material. However, cured material can be carefully removed by abrasion or other mechanical means.
Geocel 480 is not recommended for external applications.
For any further information you may need on Geocel products, please visit their website here.
Geocel 945 is a high modulus MS Polymer for building and civil engineering structures.
– Geocel 945 is Fast cure.
– Resistant to aerobic and anaerobic bacteriological attack
– Excellent application characteristics. Geocel 945 is easy to tool product.
For sealing movement joints to:
– Building substructures
– Culvert and bridge assemblies
– Concrete road soak away channels
– Concrete floor slabs (Saw cuts)
– Expansion joints in water retaining structures
– Sealing of stadia terrace movement joints
The sealing slot should be accurately formed. The slot sides should be cleaned to expose a sound surface. Care should be taken to ensure that the slot is formed to the required depth and any joint expansion filler tightly packed. Therefore, a tight-fitting cord or bond breaker should be inserted at the base of the slot to ensure that the sealant only bonds to the joint sides. Also, please ensure that all surfaces are clean, dry, sound and free from frost. After that, clean all joints of release agents, water repellents, laitance, dust, dirt, old sealants or other contaminants.
Geocel 945 may be overpainted with water-based paints; however, due to a large number of coatings available, it is advisable to carry out a compatibility test before application. However, for alkyd paints, water-based primer coat must be used.
If necessary, the joint edges can be masked with tape to prevent contamination.
For further information on this product, please visit the Geocel website here.
Similarly, for all other Geocel products on our website, please click here.
Geocel LM is a low mod, neutral cure silicone that adheres to a wide range of surfaces without the need for priming.
– Perimeter pointing internally and externally around uPVC /wood and aluminium.
– Sealing and as an adhesive onto uPVC, plastic trims and components.
– Weather sealing and joint sealing to pre-formed panels and curtain walling, glazing sealing and draught-proofing.
– Glass to glass and glass to aluminium sealing. Parapet and roof weather sealing applications.
– Suitable as an expansion joint sealant.
– Bedding and sealing of Insulated Glass units.
– Excellent tooling and slow skinning properties. Therefore, it is ideal for large scale construction and glazing applications.
– Has excellent adhesion – adheres to most common surfaces. For instance, glass, metals, plastics and wood (painted or unpainted), uPVC and polycarbonate.
– Excellent external weathering properties, therefore, can be guaranteed over many years worth of exposure.
– High viscosity non-slump formula. In other words, it will hold it’s structure & body on even larger joints.
– Resistant to fumed Hydrogen Peroxide and fumed Formaldehyde.
Geocel LM does not require a primer on most common surfaces, although adhesion tests are recommended before full-scale application. However, if the joint is likely to be immersed or if adhesion is poor (especially on porous surfaces) use a Geocel Primer. To improve adhesion (if required) to non-porous surfaces, prime with a Geocel Primer (advised for aluminium).
– Can not be used in the manufacture of Aquariums.
– Not recommended for use as a mirror adhesive.
– Do not use on food-grade applications – Use Silicone 565
-Do not apply to swimming pool joints.
For all other Geocel products on our website, please click here.
For any further information you require on Geocels products, please visit their website here.